Total Pageviews

Monday, September 27, 2010

Starvation State Park, UT (September 22, 2010)


Flaming Gorge National Rec. Area Overlook

After leaving Green River, we headed south into Utah through the Flaming Gorge National Byway and it started raining and followed us through into Utah.  By the end of the day, so we found a park overlooking a lake which was Starvation State Park outside of Duschene, Utah.  Beautiful view; but to our dismay no hookups whatsoever.  We needed showers and their restroom was very "just old".  Of course, we had work to do to keep on our blogs, so we turned on our generator around 8:00 p.m.  Sad to say, I had some ornery man yelling in my bedroom window to shut the "damn thing off".  Then ten minutes later he was at my window again saying "go to the interstate you morons".  I thought that was rather rude since most parks you have to turn off your generator by 10:00 p.m.  By 8:30 I was feeling guilty and finished my work so I turned it off.  I noticed this man's lights went out -- so he was an early to bed kind of guy.  Sure enough when we woke up, he was gone.  I am sure he did not pay his camping fee because the Ranger did not collect that evening nor first thing in the morning.  When I told the Ranger what had happened he said that it was quiet time at 10:00 p.m. so we were not violating any rules.  I paid my $16.00 camp fee and we moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment